I drove to Duluth last month. Mostly it was because I needed to get some miles under me, but I also wanted to visit the Aerostich store. The trip total was over 1,500 miles, and I’ve been a daily commuter with my Aerostich courier bag ever since I bought it. I might have put 2,000 miles on the bag so far.
This is the best waterproof messenger bag in the world.
What I really like:
- Everything stays dry inside. I was in torrential downpours the other week and it was dry inside. I got rained on a ton during my Duluth/Wisconsin/Michigan trip and everything was dry. This thing is truly waterproof.
- It’s big enough but not too big. I know that’s kind of a subjective method of measuring, but it fits my laptop bag in it (barely) with being able to close the velcro. Closing the velcro isn’t necessary though, because there’s buckles that can close the bag, too.
- It’s adjustable. The strap has a cam on it to make it longer or shorter. It’s good for when you want to adjust it quickly (for taking it off) or for adjusting it to fit the bike better, so the bag just sits on the seat with you instead of being too high and weighted, or being too low and swinging.
- It’s made in the USA. Duluth, specifically. ‘Nuff said.
- It’s really durable. I just bought an upright bass stand, and I folded it down, and strapped it inside the bag. It didn’t fit, but the straps held the parts of it in nice and tight.
What I don’t like:
It’s one thing. I’d like it to be about 2″ taller. Oh, and that it never shows dirt, ever. But that’s impossible and I happen to like the bright yellow.
★I did not get paid for this post. I did not get free stuff for this post. I’m genuinely THIS excited about this bag.